You’ve been seeing quite a number of my #OOTDs these past few days. Today, I’m throwing good vibes your way with a lil seaside vagabond look.
I’m taking you back to the beach so you can feel carefree once again. We’re back at Clifton beach with its glittering turquoise and navy blue ocean water; and soft white sand separated by picturesque boulders. Today I chose to embrace the Southeastern wind, and the frigid cold of the Atlantic – My outfit demanded nothing but the best of beach side revelry.
Of all the outfits you’ve seen these past few days, this is the one that was so easy to style. It sticks so true to my other everyday wardrobe items and jewelry, that I really would work it every day if I could. In as much as I love glitz and glam, I’m just as comfortable in jeans or a maxi dress. The problem encountered by many tall people is finding maxi dresses in store which just don’t quite drag on the floor the way you’d like. All tall folk really dig the regal vibe we get from being statuesque in long dresses with trains. This is why I am loving the length and cut of today’s focal dress particularly.
Today I’m wearing:
- Long, sleeveless A-line maxi dress in crêped, woven viscose fabric with a sheen, by H&M and likely available in SA stores in 3 months.
There’s an easy opening with a button, at back of the neck. Probably the cutest thing in this dress is the double-layer back section with decorative gathers, and you can fiddle with the ties until you nail your perfect look.
- Pastel Floral Kimono by my beloved Ruff Tung.
- Handmade colourful Swahili beaded necklaces with Dinka brass charm and recycled glass beads, by Soul Design.
- Hand molded brass Maasai bangle cuffs, by Soul Design.
- Hair and Journey handbag, by Aretha Bauwens.
- Floral claw ring, by H&M.
I’ve got a special little visual album coming in the next couple of days, so stay tuned!
Day 5 done!
I give this look a 9/10.
What say you?